Friday, December 16, 2005

In the words of Bill Clinton...

I did not say that I would blog with that woman... OK. I said I would be better and I lied. I have enjoyed reading the student blogs as they have made me think about how to structure questions to get the most out of blogging. As we get ready for the last week, and then the first week, the number of things I want to add next semester starts to overwhelm. How do I need to change my course expectations sheet so that I have the "instructions" I need to make it all work? How do I structure a fishbowl? What do I want to include on my RSS list? What do I keep from the old curriculum in US and what do I add that gets to take advantage of our new tools? I think that the best way to figure it all out is to take a break, snowboard, eat good food, play with my kids, and hope for the constructivist bug to bite me in my sleep so that when I wake, my 3 courses are planned and perfect. And then...

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Do you recall the movie "What about Bob?" I think you need to focus on taking "baby steps" - implement one or two changes at a time, and maybe focus on just one course (US History?) next semester. Then maybe next summer you can do some more "major" revisions of one or more courses.

Of course, you are required to blog more often than you have been for "our" class!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

I am signing up for your Christmas break! Sounds great and truly necessary for us to come back ready to try new "stuff." I have tried several things we've learned and no, I didn't have a clear-cut plan, but they've worked and kids have given me wonderful feedback. It's ok if you don't have the semester planned exactly with the new technology replacing old ones; just jump in and try it.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home