Friday, February 17, 2006

Grading Categories

I finally have grades and, thus, I needed to finalize my categories. It was fun to create something new that actually does, I think, what I used to think I was doing. We'll see how well the new is understood by students and parents. I might have made a mistake by including all expected assignments. It helped me get a handle on what it would look like at the end of the semester, but I fully expect the emails regarding "how come my kid doesn't have a grade for..." Goal #3 has been partially completed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

I don't think it's bad to have all the assignments out there, especially if you let the students and parents know how you're handling it.

On the other hand, you do have the ability to hide individual assignments on the portal if you wish. There's a hide from portal checkbox in the assignment setup you could check for all assignments that are in the future. You would just need to remember to uncheck that when you were ready for it to appear.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home